References and Resources
- Anderson, L. W., & Krathwohl, D. (Eds.). (2001). A taxonomy for learning, teaching and assessing: A revision of Bloom’s taxonomy of educational objectives. New York: Longman.
- Bath, B., & Bourke, J. (2010). Getting started with blended learning .Griffith University. Retrieved from http://www.griffith.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/267178/Getting_started_with_blended_learning_guide.pdf
- Biggs, J.B., and Collis, K.F. (1982). Evaluating the quality of learning - the SOLO taxonomy. New York: Academic Press.
- Biggs, J., & Tang, C.(2007). Teaching for quality learning at university: What the student does (3rd ed.). Berkshire, UK: Society for Research into Higher Education & Open University Press.
- Bloxham, S., & Boyd, P. (2007). Developing effective assessment in higher education: a practical guide [electronic version]. Retrieved from http://www.scribd.com/doc/53026895/Bloxham-and-Boyd-electronic-version-of-developing-effective-assessment-in-higher-ed#page=11
- Boud, D. (1998, 4-5 November). Assessment and learning - unlearning bad habits of assessment. Paper presented at the Effective Assessment at University Conference. Retrieved from http://damianeducationresearchlinks.wikispaces.com/file/view/unlearningassessment_Boud.pdf
- Boud, D., & Falchikov, N. (2007). Rethinking assessment in higher education: Learning for the longer term. London: Routledge.
- Brown, G. (2001). Assessment: A guide for lecturers. Retrieved from http://www.bioscience.heacademy.ac.uk/ftp/Resources/gc/assess03Lecturers.pdf
- Burton, L.J., Dowling, D., Dorman, M., & Brodie, L. (2005). Understanding student diversity and the factors that influence academic success: a preliminary study. In: McInerey, D.M., & Van Etten, S. (Eds.) Focus on curriculum. Research on sociocultural Influences on motivation and learning (5) (pp. 275-298). Greenwich, CT: Information Age Publishing
- Case, S.M., & Swanson, D.B. (2002). Constructing written test questions for the basic and clinical sciences (3rd ed Revised). National Board of Medical Examiners. Retrieved from http://www.nbme.org/publications/item-writing-manual-download.html
- Falchikov, N., & Boud, D. (1989). Student self-assessment in higher education: a meta-analysis. Review of Educational Research, 59(4), 395-430. doi:10.3102/00346543070003287 Retrieved from http://rer.sagepub.com/content/59/4/395.full.pdf+html
- Falchikov, N., & Goldfinch, J. (2000). Student peer assessment in higher education: A meta-analysis comparing peer and teacher marks. Review of Educational Research, 70(3), 36. doi:10.3102/00346543070003287 Retrieved from http://rer.sagepub.com/content/70/3/287.full.pdf+html
- Kilsby, E., & Alexander,H. Issues of academic integrity: Plagiarism. Griffith Institute for Higher Education Good Practice Guide. Retrieved from http://www.griffith.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/119466/GPG-IAI.pdf
- Lizzio, A. (2010). The student lifecycle: An integrative framework for guiding practice. [Unpublished draft].
- Mitchell, M. L., Henderson, A., Groves, M., Dalton, M., Nulty, D. D. & Longbottom, P. (2009). The objective structured clinical examination (OSCE): Optimising its value in the undergraduate nursing curriculum. Nurse Education Today, 29(4), 398-404. doi:10.1016/j.nedt.2008.10.007 Retrieved from http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0260691708001512
- Moni, R. (2009). Assessment of group tasks. Griffith Institute for Higher Education Good Practice Guide. Retrieved from http://www.griffith.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/194995/AssessingGroupwork-final.pdf
- Nulty, D. D. (2010a). Curriculum review tools for QAA - Quality assurance of assessment: Part 1 - The framework. Retrieved from http://www.griffith.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/344444/Curriculum-Review-Tools-for-QAA-Part-1.pdf
- Nulty, D. D. (2010b). Curriculum review tools for QAA - Quality assurance of assessment: Part 2 - A four step approach to QAA of assessment planning. Retrieved from http://www.griffith.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/344446/Curriculum-Review-Tools-for-QAA-Part-2.pdf
- Nulty, D. D. (2010c). Writing good assessment Items - Principles and strategies for success. Griffith Institute for Higher Education Good Practice Guide. Retrieved from http://www.griffith.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/194837/DDN_Writing-Assessment-items_Final.pdf
- Nulty, D. D. (2011a) Consensus moderation for quality assurance of assessment: Overcoming the illusion of consensus. Paper accepted for the Annual Conference for The Society for Research in Higher Education. Newport, Wales, Dec 7-9.
- Nulty, D. D. (2011b). Peer and self assessment in the first year of university. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, 36(5), 493-507. doi: 10.1080/02602930903540983 Retrieved from: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/02602930903540983
- Nulty, D. D. (2011c) What …? Consensus moderation? But, you’re probably doing it already! Paper accepted for the Annual Conference for The Society for Research in Higher Education. Newport, Wales, Dec 7-9.
- Nulty, D. D., Mitchell, M. L., Jeffrey, C., Henderson, A., and Groves, M. (2010). Best practice guidelines for use of OSCEs: Maximising value for student learning. Nurse Education Today, 31(2), 145-151. doi:10.1016/j.nedt.2010.05.006 Retrieved from http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0260691710000948
- Race, P. (2001). A briefing on self, peer & group assessment. Retrieved from http://www.bioscience.heacademy.ac.uk/ftp/Resources/gc/assess09SelfPeerGroup.pdf
- Sadler, R. D. (2005). Interpretations of criteria-based assessment and grading in higher education. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, 30(2), 175 - 194. doi:10.1080/0260293042000264262 Retrieved from http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/0260293042000264262
- Sadler, R. D. (2009). Grade integrity and the representation of academic achievement. Studies in Higher Education 34(7), 807 - 826. doi:10.1080/03075070802706553
- Sadler, R. D. (2010). Assuring Academic Standards at Griffith University (2nd ed). [Unpublished consultation paper]
Retrieved from http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/03075070802706553
- Sadler, R. D., Davies, L., & Buckridge, M. Developing Effective Feedback for Learning. Griffith Institute for Higher Education Good Practice Guide. Retrieved from http://www.griffith.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/194877/Feedback_GPG_RSadler.pdf
- Smith, C. D. (2008). Building effectiveness in teaching through targeted evaluation and response: connecting evaluation to teaching improvement in higher education. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, 33(5), 517-533. doi:10.1080/02602930701698942 Retrieved from http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/02602930701698942
- Smith, C; Sadler, R & Davies, L. (2010). Assessment Rubrics. Griffith Institute for Higher Education Good Practice Guide. Retrieved from http://www.griffith.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/245634/Issues-Paper-on-rubrics.pdf
- Taylor, J. A. (2008). Assessment in first year university: A model to manage transition, Journal of University Teaching & Learning Practice, 5(1), 20-33. Retrieved from http://ro.uow.edu.au/jutlp/vol5/iss1/3/
- Topping, K. J. (1998). Peer assessment between students in college and university. Review of Educational Research, 68(3), 249-276. doi:10.3102/00346543068003249 Retrieved from http://rer.sagepub.com/content/68/3/249
- Academic Integrity
- Good Practices in Assessment Project Resources
- Graduate Attributes
- Griffith Institute for Higher Education, Assessment Resources
- Griffith Institute for Higher Education, Good Practice Guides
- Peer and Self Assessment Resources
- Principles to Promote Excellence in Learning & Teaching
- Work-integrated Learning Resources
- Australian Learning & Teaching Council. Assessment Futures.
Available at: http://www.iml.uts.edu.au/assessment-futures/
- Australian Learning & Teaching Council. Assessment Moderation Toolkit.
Available at: http://resource.unisa.edu.au/course/view.php?id=285
- Curtin University, Office of Assessment, Teaching and Learning. Assessment.
Available at: http://otl.curtin.edu.au/assessment/
- Macquarie University, Learning and Teaching Centre. Assessment Toolkit.
Available at: http://www.mq.edu.au/ltc/about_lt/assessment_toolkit.htm
- Southern Cross University, Teaching and Learning Centre. Assessment.
Available at: http://www.scu.edu.au/teachinglearning/tlc/index.php/79/
- The Centre for the Study of Higher Education (CSHE). Assessing Learning in Australian Universities.
Available at: http://www.cshe.unimelb.edu.au/assessinglearning/about.html
- The Higher Education Academy, Learning and Teaching Support Network (LTSN). Generic Centre Assessment Series.
Available at: http://hca.ltsn.ac.uk/resources/detail/assessment/assessment_series
- The University of Adelaide, Centre for Learning and Professional Development. Assessment Resources.
Available at: http://www.adelaide.edu.au/clpd/assessment/assess_resources.html
- The University of Hong Kong, Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning. Assessment Resources@HKU.
Available at: http://ar.cetl.hku.hk/
- The University of Queensland, Teaching and Educational Development Institute. About Assessment.
Available at: http://www.tedi.uq.edu.au/teaching/assessment/index.html
- University of Western Sydney, Teaching Development Unit. Assessment.
Available at: http://www.uws.edu.au/learning_teaching/learning_and_teaching/teaching_development_unit/assessment