The JLPT is administered in Queensland for the Japan Foundation by the School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science.
- Test Site: Brisbane
- Venue: Griffith University - Nathan Campus (Buildings & rooms: To be confirmed via an email from Griffith University)*
- Check-in time: Please check-in to your designated exam room at 12:30 pm
- Starting Test time: 1 pm
- Finishing Test time: Please note that unexpected delays may occur. From 4 pm to 5 pm
- Online July registration dates: 20 February 2019 to 3 April 2019
- Online December registration dates: 7 August 2019 to 5 September 2019
* You will be emailed the test timetable and exam room locations closer to the test date
1. How do I apply for the JPLT?
- Registration is only available online. Please register online at: http://www.jpf.org.au/jlpt
- Online applications are run via Japan Foundation, Sydney, not Griffith University.
2. Fees & Payment
Please make your payment via the online link which will appear once you submit your online application.
Level N1, N2 & N3: $95.00 (AUD)
Level N4 & N5: $85.00 (AUD)
Please read the Test guide for terms and conditions of the JLPT. If you experience any problems during online registration, please contact: email@example.com
3. When will I receive my test voucher?
- The Japan Foundation will email your test voucher, approximately one month prior to the test day.
- When you receive it, please print your voucher, as you will need to bring it on the test day with you.
- If you have not received yours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. How do I prepare for the test?
For test sample material please refer to:
6. What is the format of the exam?
It is entirely in multiple questions - answers format, where your kanji, vocabulary, grammar, reading and listening abilities are tested. There is no interview or oral paper.
7. I'm a Queensland Secondary student studying Japanese, how does the JLPT help me?
The Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (QCAA) will recognise students who pass N4 or N5. Students can receive 2 credit points towards their Queensland Certificate of Education.
ON THE TEST DAY
You must bring with you:
(1) Printed Test voucher
(2) Identification (Drivers license/Student card/Passport)
(3) Black-lead pencils (No.2 or HB) & Erasers
- Test fees are not refundable, deferrable or transferable once the application deadline has passed.
- You can only apply for one test, as all will take place at the same time on the same day.
- You cannot change your level or test site once you have registered.
- If you are absent from the test, you will be considered absent and will not receive a refund.
- Please keep the Test Voucher in a safe place, to bring it on the test day.
- No dictionaries or reference materials are allowed.
- Please leave smart and digital watches at home. Analogue watches permitted.
- For Griffith test room locations, please refer to: https://www162.griffith.edu.au/public/campus-maps/building-locations-map-nat.pdf
- For parking information, transport please refer to: http://www.griffith.edu.au/about-griffith/campuses/nathancampus/
Post July/December Information
July JLPT results will be available online from late August to late October.
A hard copy of results will be posted to you in late October.
December JLPT results will be posted to you in late March. You can also check your result online with your registration
number and your 8 number password. More information about online test results will be available via (www.jlpt.jp) in early
1. Change of contact details for Hard Copy Score Report and Certificate:
Please notify by email of any address change by 28 February 2019 to: email@example.com
2. I'm a Queensland Secondary student studying Japanese & passed N4 / N5, how do I receive my 2 credit points?
Please note: Griffith University cannot bank JLPT results to the QCAA.
Students or Japanese language teachers are required to email the Japan Foundation - Sydney at: firstname.lastname@example.org so they may upload the credit points to the QSA website. Please provide the following information:
1. Student's name
2. Student's (LUI) Learner Unique Identifier number
3. Student's Date of Birth
4. JLPT Registration Number
For all enquiries, please email the JLPT Administrator Dr Michelle Natolo at: email@example.com