Measuring and showcasing research: scholarly metrics for academic promotion
Maria Connor and Benjamin McRae
Do you need to find publication metrics for your promotion or grant application?
This workshop will give you the opportunity to explore Web of Science, Incites and Google Scholar to capture citation data.
The workshop is split into 2 sessions - you are welcome to attend one or both.
Part 1: Introductory (10am-11.30am)
· Source bibliometric indicators: Google Scholar, Scopus and Web of Science
· Link your ORCID to Scopus
· Create an overview of publication outputs.
Part 2: Incites for Science and Health (11.30-12.30pm)
· Analyse your citation data in Incites
· Benchmark citation performance against discipline-specific norms.
You will be asked to:
*have a go at working on hands-on exercises
*participate in discussions with other researchers.
These sessions are suitable for researchers at any stage of their career but is particularly relevant to those who are currently working on a promotion or grant application. Researchers whose publication outputs are reasonably well-covered in Web of Science will obtain the most benefit from attending this session.