This seminar will examine copyright, research output and open access considerations pertaining to creative and performing arts research including film, music, photography, painting, sculpture, on-line art, mixed media, design, dramatic and musical performances and scripts.
With that focus, the following topics will be canvassed :
1. Copyright and its ownership and licensing, the assignment of copyright and research agreements.
2. Using copyright materials belonging to others in research outputs.
3. Copyright permissions, copyright licences and Creative Commons.
4. Open Access and new funding publishing mandates.
5. Griffith's Online Repository - GRO.
6. Publishing agreements, author's addedums, copyright and publishing datasets.
7. The variety of new publishing models.
Questions and comments from participants will be encouraged throughout the presentation and the presenter will remain afterwards to answer any further questions.