Do you need to find publication metrics for your promotion or grant application? Do you provide support for researchers in this area?
This workshop will give you the opportunity to explore Web of Science, Scopus and Google Scholar to capture citation data. Along the way, we'll show you how to wrangle your researcher identifiers and make them work for you.
This workshop is split into two sessions - you are welcome to attend one or both.
Part 1: Introductory (10am-11.30am)
· Source bibliometric indicators: Google Scholar, Scopus and Web of Science
· Link your ORCID with Scopus, Publons (ResearcherID) and Elements
· Create an overview of publication outputs.
Part 2: Incites (11.30-12.30pm)
Incites uses Web of Science citation data and allows you to:
· Use normalised indicators and percentiles to demonstrate impact
· Benchmark citation performance against discipline-specific norms.
You will be asked to:
* have a go at working on hands-on exercises
* participate in discussions with other researchers.
These sessions are suitable for researchers at any stage of their career but is particularly relevant to those who are considering applying for promotion in 2020 or putting together a grant application. Researchers whose publication outputs are reasonably well-covered in Web of Science will benefit from attending the Incites session