The seminar will examine copyright, publishing and open access considerations across all research disciplines.
The following topics will be canvassed:
1. Copyright and its ownership and licensing, the assignment of copyright, and research agreements.
2. Using copyright materials belonging to others in research outputs.
3. Copyright permissions, copyright licences and Creative Commons.
4. Open Access and new funding publishing mandates.
5. Griffith's Online Repository - GRO.
6. Getting permission to include your articles in your thesis
7. Publishing agreements, author's addendums, copyright and publishing datasets.
8. The variety of new publishing models.