The seminar will examine copyright, publishing and open access considerations across all research disciplines (noting that a separate training session is provided for the Creative Arts). The following topics will be canvassed:
1. Copyright ownership, joint ownership, licensing, assignment of copyright
2. Using copyright materials belonging to others in research outputs.
3. Copyright exceptions under the Act
4. Copyright permissions, copyright licences and Creative Commons.
5. Publishing agreements and the variety of new publishing models.
6. Junk and predatory publishers
7. Publishing versions of articles in theses and on Griffith's Online Repository - GRO.
8. Copyright and publishing datasets.